Wednesday 4 July 2012

So, what to do for the best.....

I'm in a quandry. And since looking at my favourite blog, "Posie gets Cozy", I'm feeling quite despondent too. Hmmm, a despondent quandry...a novel place to find myself in the middle of the week...
The quandry has been brought on by not having any photos. I've finished the quilt I was working on (remember me driving to Scotland in a tractor?? Or perhaps that should be "on"??), and let me tell you, it was a joy to finish that particular journey in an Audi A6. So, I was looking forward to showing you some posh pics, thanks to Jane, my Resident Photographer. However, it would appear that Resident Photographers also have a life (who knew??) and I won't get them until tomorrow. Or possibly the day after......So.....here comes the quandry bit.....should I wait for the pics and maintain radio silence, or post a blog and make promises that pics will appear in the not too distant? As you've probably all worked out by now, I appear to have gone with the second option.
And now to the despondent part....just go and Google "Posie gets Cozy", and take a look at her blog from a couple of days ago (I would "link" you in, but that's up there with rocket science and brain surgery). That's her workroom/office/storage space!!!! That's NOT a workroom/office/storage space....it' a DREAM!! Of the very best chocolate coated variety. MY workspace is the ironing board, set on the medium-low position, in my kitchen, with my iron up one end, and sewing machine up the other. I kid you not. And my kitchen is SSSOOOO small, that the back of my chair is pushed against the sink unit, and my knees are wedged under the ironing board. Thank goodness my knees are not of the chubby type, as that would be the end of any creativity.....As for storage (yet more confessions from the World's Worst Mother), I've commandeered my son's toy cupboards, and now yards and yards of fabric squeeze together, where once Buzz Lightyear jostled with Spiderman.
To finish me off completely, I've put myself on Report Writing Duty, with a strict No Needlework policy, until they're finished......Two hopes there......One of them being Bob.....

No comments:

Post a Comment