Monday 16 July 2012

A Moment In History...

Welcome back! Did you all have a lovely, if somwhat soggy, weekend? I had a Moment In History one. And believe you me, "Moment" was right!!
It was Lymington's turn to welcome THE FLAME. Feeling the need to be a better mother, I accepted a friend's invitation (thank you, Jane!), and off we all toddled on Saturday morning, so that my son could witness the Lymington leg of the Olympic Torch's journey through the UK. (At this point, I should make you aware that I'm still not that FABULOUS a mother, as my daughters weren't included....in my defense, they WERE both at work....and no, not at the coal face!!) The rain was coming down in stair-rods, and those of you who know me well, will already know my singular lack of enthusiasm concerning anything sporty. Said Flame included.... Please don't shoot me. Happily, Jane had done us proud, and there were all sorts of yummy nibbles to be had, which (ignoring all Weight Watcher Points!) went a LONG way to brightening my day.
So, the "Moment" drew near, and the household of various friends took my son out to the vantage point, to witness history in the making. And so, I fall from grace. Again. No, I did not accompany them. This photo, taken from my son's vantage point....


.....did not have me behind the camera. That credit goes to my friend, Sarah. I was, in fact, still on my friend's COVERED porch, with the only other sane person in my friendship group (Emma...who knew???). And in my brief "Moment", I glimpsed the Torch and an attached arm, jog past my narrow viewing gap. For all of 3 seconds....
Now, I may have been the only person in Lymington who remained completely unmoved by this event....but I was also one, (of only two!!) who remained dry....
Thanks for putting up with today's ramblings. I'm leaving you now so I can get back to my quilting. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment