Thursday 26 July 2012

Happy Birthday!!

Nineteen years ago, in a small French town, just north of Paris, Daughter No.2 made her way into my world.....and there's not been a dull moment since! Happy Birthday, my darling girl...hope you've enjoyed your special day....especially the part where I decided to share your baby photos (my GOODNESS-all that HAIR!!) with Boyfriend and Best Friend.....
Needless to say, when pressies and frivolities are to be had, there has not been much needlework to report on today. The only thing that bears any link to sewing, is the present I gave Daughter No.2......After years of nagging (her part), and years of heels being dug in (my part), I have finally given in. A cutting mat has exchanged hands. A rotary cutter given and recieved. Fat quarters have been "oohed" and "aahed" over. And finally, promises have been made......I am going to teach Birthday Girl how to patchwork and quilt....
I realise that by now, several of you have keeled over through sheer.....what's the word??.....boredom. Others are on bended knee, thanking higher deities that I'm not THEIR mother. But a very few of you will actually understand this gift, and remember back to when you were taught paper piecing, ironing seams and the value of tiny, even stitches......
Watch this space....I'm going on a Birthday Cake Hunt....See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment