Monday 2 July 2012

An Audi A6.....

I'm SSSSSOOOOO excited! I have a Fairy Godmother! Her name is Sue (yes-you know who you are!) and she has waved her magic wand!! Let me explain.... Up until now, most of the patchwork that I've done has been the old faithful, paper-pieceing type, as taught to me by a fabulous French lady (Madam Bellagamba) in a tiny little village, north of Paris. Her method was very exact and very strict-several raps on the knuckles with an old metal ruler were necessary, before I could remember to use my thimble finger properly!! Anyway, long story short, meant that I needed a faster method to make bigger quilts-Mme B and I took 18 months to hand sew EVERY stitch of my first double-bed sized quilt!!-and so I progressed to a sewing machine for the patching, although to this day, I still hand quilt all my work.
Now, I'm as poor as the preverbial church mouse, so my machine of necessity has been an Argos own brand value model. To be be fair to her, she has worked like a trooper, and at less than £40, absolutely doesn't owe me a penny! However, imagine driving to Scotland in a tractor.....and I'm not talking a modern deluxe model. The time had come to bite the bullet and try to save for a better model. Enter my Fairy Godmother, with a flourish of her wand, and ta-da.....I'm now about to use a Brother Special Edition. TONIGHT! It'll be like driving an Audi A6. Turbo boosted. With all the mod cons.....
So, my friends, I'm going to love you, and leave you, as I have hungry mouths to feed and get to bed, before I can get into the driving seat.........

No comments:

Post a Comment