Friday 27 July 2012

We're All Going On A Summer Holiday....

...No more worries for a week or two....Unless disaster strikes before you even manage to get the bags packed! I'm not entirely sure what disaster befell The Partner's favourite shorts.....nor am I particularly keen to find out....I only know that this is what was presented to me.......

....with the hopeful words "You can just put a stitch in these, can't you?".
As any of you who sew will know, there is no such thing as "just putting a stitch in"! So the shorts migrated to my "To Do" pile, while I contemplated just where, EXACTLY, I'd like to put a stitch...
However, the hols are now imminent (we leave on Monday), and the fretting was starting, as to whether the shorts would be well enough to travel....Obviously, with nothing better to do (housework, food shop for hols-we're camping- food shop for Daughters 1 &2-they're not-changing money into Euros, packing...), I jumped right to it.
Now, I'm reasonably talented with a needle and thread, but sadly, I've not QUITE mastered the art of sewing hole to hole.....or stitching over thin air....Very remiss of me, I know...I really MUST look into signing up for that particular workshop! Anyway, I decided to do what came naturally....


"Concerned" is the most polite adjective I can find, to describe The Partner's reaction, to seeing his shorts and my scrap bag, held in the same pair of hands, at the same time....
Still, I'm quite pleased with the result, and I can now safely pass the shorts as "fit to travel". Tick that box!
So, I will love you and leave you now, my friends, while I go and rub shoulders with a few French people. Rendez-vous back here in a couple of weeks... Au revoir!


No comments:

Post a Comment